The Future of iShipping - Digital Ship’s Maritime CIO Forum
The maritime industry is on the cusp of radical and far-reaching advances in technology, and there are ever increasing factors for shipping companies to consider. With this in mind, Digital Ship is pleased to be returning to Limassol for our Maritime CIO Forum. And this year the focus is on The Future of iShipping and how to address and harness the opportunities, challenges and questions advances in technology are posing to our industry.
How are advances and new channels in satellite operations changing the face of communications, data usage and sharing? With increased data usage comes increased risk – so what are the right strategies for managing safety and security? And what is the impact of all of this on the people that really matter – our crew? Then bringing it all together – how are all of these innovations in the maritime cloud and the Internet of Things influencing The Future of iShipping?
Confirmed speakers include:
- Minister Mr Marios Demetriades, Ministry of Transport, Communications and Works,
Republic of Cyprus
- Captain Eugen-Henning Adami, Managing Director, Mastermind Shipmanagement Ltd.
- Michael Owen, VP Business Capture & Development – Maritime, Marlink
- Ronald Spithout, President, Inmarsat Maritime
- Captain Rohit Tandon, Head of Operations/DPA, FML Ship Management Limited
- Adonis Violaris, Marketing Director, Interorient
- Manos Manoli, I.T Manager, Marlow Navigation Co. Ltd.
- Captain Kyriakos Orros, HSSE Superintendent, SCF Group
- Kyle Hurst, Director Maritime Business, Iridium
- Petter Brandt, Consultant, Metapharos AB
- Giampiero Soncini, Director, Volaris Group
- Thomas Heide, Sales Manager International, Dualog
- Markus Schmitz, Executive Committee Member, InterManager
- Sotos Voskarides, Assistant Professor, Cyprus University of Technology
- Howard Hughes, CTO, Tototheo Group
- Rob O’Dwyer, Editor, Digital Ship
- Captain Andreas Constantinou, Lecturer, Frederick University
- Michalis Hadjistylianou, General Manager, One Net Limited
- Kyriakos Papapolydorou, General Manager Cyprus, World-Link Communications
- Panos G. Moraitis, CEO, Aspida
- George Nanos, Regional Sales Manager, Maritime Software Solutions, DNV GL
Sessions to be covered:
The Maritime Satcom Summit
Investigating the evolution of maritime connectivity:
This opening session of the day will look at how Innovation and Evolution in Maritime Connectivity is changing the operating landscape. What can these latest developments do to improve operational agility, create enhanced efficiency and, above all, reduce costs for the ship owner and manager.
Managing Maritime Cyber Resilience
A look at maritime cyber security, safety and risk:
How is the industry reacting to increased cyber threats borne out of the growing use of cloud and applications, reliance on automation and remote monitoring, the number of devices used, and larger ships but fewer crew. What policies, guidelines and best practices are already in place, and how can the industry identify, quantify and mitigate real cyber risk to business?
Reviewing crew communications, training and welfare:
Shipowners are well aware of the benefits of offering crew connectivity – with a recent study suggesting that 73% of those surveyed cite connectivity as a key influencer when choosing their employer. So how are users and providers alike reacting to this, and ensuring that their services and offerings meet the demands of these vital people?
The iShipping Revolution
How big data, IoT and analytics are bringing about a shift in smart shipping – and how can we harness disruptive influence to deliver innovation and opportunity:
Transformation, digitalization, disruptive influence, innovation. We know that the maritime sector is on the cusp of dramatic change – how can we harness all this data and all information to build our own businesses and make them smarter, safer, and more sustainable?
Plus: Networking Breaks – including
a Reception on 14 February for all participants.
*(tbc) – Please note some speakers and topics may be subject to confirmation and/or change.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org